Re: [Asrg] Ban the bounce; improved challenge-response systems

2003-04-09 21:31:14
In <13093(_dot_)1049946546(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu> J C Lawrence
<claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu> writes:

I'm not aware of any MUAs (possible exception of GNUs, as I'm not sure
if the config I used there was custom or default) which pay attention to
added envelope headers.

uh, DUH!  I have no idea why I didn't mention this before.

I suspect there are quite a few MTAs that record the return path as a
header in the delivered email.  Or, at least, SpamAssassin lists a
bunch of variations on the header name in the EvalTests.pm code.  I
suspect that if this info was not commonly available, no one would
have spent the time to write the code and fix bugs in it.

-wayne