Re: [Asrg] Proposal for transition to authenticated email

Again, why will your program differ from P3P?  The P3P people said there
was supposed to be automated use of it.  Netscape 7 can be told to
pay attention to it.

True.

I haven't seen anything useful that a program can do with P3P.

I have.

                                                          .... It is also a
solution to a problem that few people care about.

It is a problem domain that has several distinct approaches, which is to say
that there are several distinct manifestations of "care".

                                              ... _Everybody_ hates spam,
but P3P deals with arcane issues that most people just don't care about.

See above.

How are you going to encode a declaration of exactly what is sent into
at most a dozen bytes?  Remember that your certs have to be tacked onto
every mail message.

This is a good question.  My guess is that something quite useful can be
done, but this is an issue that needs to be explored in a working group.

See draft-jaye-http-trust-state-mgt-01.txt, available via anonymous ftp, from
this host, for how Dan and I attempted to put compact metadata, and certs, on
http cookies.