Re: [Asrg] Spam, defined, and permissions

2004-12-25 18:24:11
2)  billing infected users for the spam their zombie-ized machine
    sends will drive users off the Net (which ultimately helps
    nobody).

I'm not convinced - that it would help nobody, that is.

It's reached the point where I would consider disconnecting everyone
with a zombied machine an acceptable price; I believe every such person
is of negative net value to the net.  (This isn't to say they couldn't
come back once they'd cleaned up.  Having to pay real money upon
getting infected is one of the few things that might actually wake such
people up to the huge cost they're imposing on the net.)

Yes, it's drastic.  But I believe drastic measures are needed - nay,
inevitable, even.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML
mouse(_at_)rodents(_dot_)montreal(_dot_)qc(_dot_)ca