Re: [sieve] Working group last call on draft-ietf-sieve-include

2011-07-18 08:35:30
Alexey said:
I am mostly happy with this version, but I spotted several nits or minor
errors:

Good points, all.  Some text suggestions for some:

 script execution
    an instance of a Sieve interpreter invoked for a given message
    delivery, starting with the user's active script and continuing
    through any included scripts until the message is delivered.

Pedantic comment: does "reject" or "discard" qualify as "message delivery"?

NEW
   an instance of a Sieve interpreter invoked for a given message
   delivery, starting with the user's active script and continuing
   through any included scripts until the final disposition of the
   message.

 Sieve implementations MUST generate an error at execution time if an
 included script does not exist.

This is no longer true due to the addition of the :optional tag.

NEW
   Sieve implementations MUST generate an error at execution
   time if an included script does not exist and the ":optional"
   parameter was not used.

Also, I think this requirement makes [RFC5804] Normative.

I agree.

And finally, why is this not a MUST? Making a SHOULD level requirement
seems a bit weak in this case.

I'd be happy with MUST.

Barry