RE: Wild card MXes

2004-05-28 09:09:32

From: Eric A. Hall [mailto:ehall(_at_)ehsco(_dot_)com]

AD, DHCP and other applications only work via backdoor magic, and do
not
make use of "the tools that customers actually have available to
them",
putting this approach on par with embedded MS technologies (one could
argue that having the mail server ensure that the zone is accurate is
feature regardless of any other bugs). If you mean to say that
Exchange
doesn't use the same technologies as the rest of Windows DNS then I'll
have to agree with you.

Not only does it not use the same backdoors, it cannot, by law. Not
being in the OS, we get to use the same public APIs that everyone else
does.

        Bob