RE: Wild card MXes

2004-05-28 10:41:11

I would like to take a moment to remind everyone of the THREE posts per day suggested limit. The ratio of argument to discussion is pretty low lately, especially for this thread.

Suggestions:
* Be clear and concise as to what you are suggesting, and what you think the right course of action is. Don't just respond to someone else with "You're wrong" -- that's not constructive or productive. Keep the discussion positive by focusing on what you think/feel/believe. Spend at least as much time and effort (preferably more) on stating your own view as you spend on tearing other people's views down.

* If you notice a thread ping-ponging back and forth between the same two or three people, that's an indication that perhaps you could benefit from slowing down the conversation and letting others chime in as well.

Disclaimer: I am not a group chair, so this is not an official policy statement, just my opinion. If you need clarification on policy, consult Andy or Marshall directly.

Thanks for your time.