Re: [ietf-smtp] Dotless domains and email

2013-07-08 18:36:59
On 7/8/2013 4:17 PM, Carl S. Gutekunst wrote:
And the impression I get is that ICANN is attempting to fight a
political battle on technical grounds? If that's the case, then making
incorrect or indefensible technical statements is going to sink them.

SSAC is not a political entity. It provides expert technical opinion. It is my understanding over the years that it has been careful to remain detached from the politics and, instead, to focus on technical issues.

In practical terms, the point I'm complaining about is a nuance. I'm "irritated" rather than pissed off. At worst, some feet might get moist; the boat won't sink.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking