Re: [ietf-smtp] Dotless domains and email

2013-07-09 00:43:52
Yeah.  Over in Mac land, no warning on dotless domain, but iCloud's Oracle
servers then tried to qualify the domains and hence failed.

FWIW, this is entirely configurable. If you want dotless domains to
be treated as bare gTLDs you can get that, if you want them qualified
with your local domain you can get that. You can also have only
valid gTLDs treated as bare gTLDs, the rest handled some other way.

I haven't paid much attention to what cutomers elect to do in this regard
so I have no clear idea of what overall preferences in the field look like.

                                Ned