Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it

2007-09-14 19:07:31

Mark,

    I get renumbered in IPv4 today.

I suspect there is probably a question of scale here.

I wouldn't be surprised that a small home network with a limited
number of subnets and systems could be automatically renumbered.

I would be surprised if a network of any appreciable size could be.
Particularly one that has non-trivial relationships with other networks.

How many subnets and devices are there on the network you
automatically renumber?

Regards,
-drc

        The point was to demonstrate that it can be done.

        It just requires people to be willing to do this.

        On a home network you do most of the things by hand.
        In a enterprise you use a network management station
        to do the work for you.  Having that management station
        send out notifications to third parties is really not
        a big ask.

        Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews(_at_)isc(_dot_)org