Re: On the tradition of I-D "Acknowledgements" sections

2013-03-25 11:16:15
I will/may continue my draft work so you will expect -01 in future, the
reason of let expire is just I got a little bussy with other private work,
and sometimes with IETF requests.

AB
++++

And, actually, this is more interesting.  I don't follow MANET
or ROLL, but the 2119 update got some discussion on the IETF
list.  If we think we have good ideas, most of us listen
carefully to the discussions and then generate -01 drafts that
attempt to incorporate the suggestions and deal with the
objections.  Here, the documents are abandoned at -00.  The
author has moved on to complaining about how badly the IETF and
various of its WGs are broken instead of trying to work with the
community to refine the ideas.

That has nothing to do with whether the particular contributions
in MANET should be acknowledged in any particular document.  Had
either of the two I-Ds listed above that were addressed to that
WG gotten traction we might be having a discussion now about who
he would see fit to acknowledge.   But, instead, we see expired
-00 drafts and a lot of complaints.

Sad situation for all concerned.

    john