Re: Concerns about Singapore

2016-04-08 08:32:54

Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka(_at_)nic(_dot_)cz> wrote:
    >> I'm sure I could come up with arguments why we should not go to USA or
    >> Sweden for our meetings, because neither place if perfect.

    > Right. And since Leif mentioned censorship, let me note that IETF
    > already held a meeting in a country where censorship, and Internet
    > censorship in particular, is commonplace.

yes, we tried that.  My impression is that there were two changes we made,
one was known in advance (closed network), the other was unknown (badges
being checked).
I'm not sure we were happy with either result.  I didn't go to Beijing.

    > Yes, and speaking of myself, I am prepared, to a reasonable degree, to
    > adjust my behaviour to those laws (and cultural habits as well).

I'm pretty sure that I won't make it for simple reasons of economy.
I think it's a pretty expensive city, and I'm not clear that there are
three-star options.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-