Re: what means the parameters Y, d and T

2003-01-21 07:18:42
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 the voices made VIVES Ariel write:

VA> In the file fetmailrc, I can tell to fetchmail to give the mails to
VA> procmail with the command :
VA>
VA> mda "/usr/bin/procmail -Y -d %T"

VA> what means the options -Y, and -d and %T please ?

man procmail:

       -Y   Assume  traditional  Berkeley  mailbox format, ignore
            any Content-Length: fields.

       -d recipient ...
            This  turns  on explicit delivery mode, delivery will
            be to the local user  recipient.   This,  of  course,
            only  is possible if procmail has root privileges (or
            if procmail is already running with  the  recipient's
            euid and egid).  Procmail will setuid to the intended
            recipients and  delivers  the  mail  as  if  it  were
            invoked  by the recipient with no arguments (i.e., if
            no rcfile is found, delivery is like ordinary  mail).
            This option is incompatible with -p.

--