RE: Re: "extreme SPF" scenario for ISPs

2004-02-05 07:14:18
IMHO of course:)

On 3 Feb 2004 at 14:05, Dustin D. Trammell wrote:

John Warren wrote:
Personally I think a 'valid mail server' is any IP address. Period.

And with that way of thinking your supporting the spammers and
hackers.
You in the minority on this one.

I love arguments that are backed up by statements like "You are in the
minority on this one."  On what basis do you make this judgment?  I
happen to agree that any host could potentially be a valid mail server,
given different circumstances.  So far, out of the three of us that I
have seen state their opinions on the matter, that would put you in the
minority, no?

---
Dustin D. Trammell
Vulnerability Remediation Alchemist
Citadel Security Software, Inc.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.9.5.txt

John Warren
| Any and all use of my email address for bulk email without my      |
| expressed permission is prohibited. This means NO JUNK EMAIL, SPAM.|
| Support the anti-Spam amendment, Join at http://www.cauce.org/     |