Re: [spf-discuss] SPF Council requests additional information from SPF Community on if IAB appeal is appropriate

2006-02-06 06:57:51
I've already stated my position that the appeal should be made. To
restate my reasons:

1) If the people behind SPF believe that re-use of SPF1 records is
wrong then there is an obligationt to go forward witht he appeal. To
do less is to be complicit in the re-use of the records;

2) Notwithstanding those who believe that there is not a competition
between MS SID and SPF, through public position statements sthat SID
is the successor to SPFand the re-use of SPF1 records, MS has made it
a competition. To not pursue the appeal cedes the public perception of
SID with respect to SPF to MS.

3) For those who represent filing the appeal as a detrimental delay in
moving forward with SPF, I would ask why? Filing the appeal does not
preclude working on other things. Not filing the appeal does not
indicate that SPF will move any faster on the experimental track.

As usual, just my 2 cents.

Mike