Re: [spf-discuss] SPF Council requests additional information from SPF Community on if IAB appeal is appropriate

2006-02-06 08:43:40
"william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net> writes:

We can't or at least we should not for purpose of appeal. Appeal is on
the decision to publish document as RFC which is supposed to be when
experiment would start according to IETF. IETF would request operational
evidence 2 years from that time to decide if experiment worked or not.

This is probably a silly question, but why does the experiment have to start
when the RFC is published? Why can the RFC not document an already running
"experiment"? Publishing the RFC will have little or no impact on the already
existing SPF implementations nor on the domains which are already publishing
SPF records and/or checking SPF on incoming mail. So why can the "results" of
the already running "experiment" be counted as well as the observations
following RFC publication?