[spf-discuss] Re: SPFv1 / RFC 4408 compliance logo

2007-01-22 09:10:19
Julian Mehnle wrote:

Getting it 100% right for "most" jurisdictions is incredibly difficult

Sure, but we can adopt good ideas from folks who are supposed to know
what they're doing.  What I have in mind is the W3C with its funny
"valid XHTML" etc. logos.  IIRC they demand that this logo links to
the validator.  We could demand that the "conformant 4408" logo links
to the openspf page with software passing the test suite.

So if product xyz follows the rules with a link to this page, but the
product xyz isn't listed there, then they screwed up royally.  If they
break the rules and link to another page or offer no link at all it's
tough, we can't sue them.  But we could start a "hall of shame" with
"logo abusers", and link to it in public places (e.g. as organization
header field of articles on prominent lists).

Frank