Re: NULL

1994-10-26 13:37:41

On Wed, 26 Oct 1994, Rick Troth wrote:

If [an MTA] claims support for RFC 1652 and changes bare CR's, bare
LF's, or LFCR to CRLF, then it is broken.

      Taking Michael a little out of context:  I need to reply
with the subject line  "Lessons Learned"  regarding conversions.

As long as this is done ABOVE the transport layer, and only to text parts
where this is not considered corruption, I would agree.  If the transport
layer does not "preserve all bits in each octet" then it is broken.  (Or
RFC 1652 is broken.)

Michael D'Errico
Software.com