Re: East vs West (was Re: NULL)

1994-10-31 18:02:19
Mr Rhys Weatherley <rhys(_at_)fit(_dot_)qut(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au> writes:
On Mon, 31 Oct 1994, Masataka Ohta wrote:
I really hope this Western barbarians are cultivated a little to be
able to notice that forcing, or merely suggesting, to use UNICODE is
the cultural insult to us.

Maybe it is, but other than your own good self, there are few if any other
Asians on this list coming out in either support or opposition to UNICODE.
Maybe there are no other Asians on this list.  If so, we better rectify
that situation before we design MIME charset support totally around what
you want to see happen.  There may be other viewpoints of which are
currently unaware.

I'm one of Japanese on this list and am completely against
UNICODE.  Although I don't think Ohta's aggressive way :-)
of discussion is not that effective here, I mostly agree
with what he is claiming.

I'm sorry for being silent on this list.  I'm now too busy
to react.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
handa(_at_)etl(_dot_)go(_dot_)jp