Re: NULL

1994-10-31 01:17:05
Masataka Ohta writes:

Being ASCII incompatible, UNICODE, a Euro local code system, with 16bit
or with utf-7 encoding has absolutely no future.

Well, in that sense, UNICODE has nothing to do with Europe,
you should consider it U.S. as it was invened by a number
of big firms in the USA. I do not think it is of great use in Europe.
8-bit charsets would do most of what is needed for quite some time
to come here. Europe was quite sceptical to it when it was proposed.

When discussing UNICODE/10646 in Danish Standards circles, we
normally say that the real use of UNICODE is for Japan and China,
but then I know that you and other Japanese disagree strongly on that.

So if you change your statement to "UNICODE, a U.S. local code system"
we may not disagree too much.

Keld