Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-30 13:19:36
At 3:35 PM -0700 8/28/10, Dave CROCKER wrote:

 On 8/27/2010 2:19 AM, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
 However, I also believe that the outreach component is an important one to
 the viability/goodwill of/towards the organization.

 Olaf,

I don't understand this assertion. It's the sort of statement that is easy to make and sounds good, but it's practical meaning is not at all clear. Or worse, it is counter-productive in its effect.

I thought there was consensus from years ago that ISOc would do the outreach and the IETF would focus on technical work. Maybe this has changed over time and I haven't been following.

--
Randall Gellens