Re: Mentoring

2013-03-20 08:42:19

On Mar 20, 2013, at 3:09 AM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

However, I think an important part of that is ensuring that people
do *not* focus exclusively on a specific target, even if they are
busy people as Ben said.

Change the sense of "ensuring" to "encouraging", and I agree. But as worded,
that sounds a lot like making it harder for someone to focus on the work they
are interested in. I think that's more likely to make people stop coming than
making them generalize their work.