Re: AOL to ESPs: Comply with SPF, Or Else

2004-06-12 10:13:38
On Saturday 12 June 2004 21:55, Carl Hutzler wrote:
Please fire another note telling them to support Port 587 SMTP Submit
over SMTP AUTH. Or at least allow their POP before SMTP software's SMTP
listener to listen on BOTH 25 and 587 (for backwards compatibility.

Better yet, tell me how I can reach them and I will do it too.

As far as I know, all control panel software already support SMTP AUTH over
port 25. Implementing it on port 587 should be trivial enough for them. Or
even for their users, a simple port forwarding should to the job. The most
important thing right now is to make sure they know and understand SPF, and
willing to implement it on their future product.

If you need to contact them, I've posted their URL on my previous posting.