Re: AOL to ESPs: Comply with SPF, Or Else

2004-06-12 14:10:14

On Saturday 12 Jun 2004 20:34, Lars Dybdahl wrote:
Lørdag den 12. juni 2004 12:01 skrev Tim Meadowcroft:
Ah, would be nice if the hosting company let you move your DNS
elsewhere, but the usual deal is that they completely control your
DNS and you're not allowed to move it elsewhere.

Huh? I've never seen such a provider, although I know quite a few. Can
you give an example of such a provider?

Paul gave an example and a good explanation of why. It seems to be the normal
case for shared hosting - in fact it's not even something they state in terms
and conditions, they just say "your domain will use our nameservers" - this
lets them shuffle webservers and mailservers etc at their leisure to fix
broken machines and balance loads.

Dedicated hosting is probably different, these are small customers I'm talking
about...

Cheers

--
Tim