Re: [ietf-dkim] Last call comment: Changing the g= definition

2010-10-15 13:32:47

On 10/15/2010 1:32 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:
    Dave killfile's
many participants, therefore any consensus he sees will merely reflect
the echo chamber of his own making.

So I strongly object on procedural grounds

Mike, you needn't object unless the chairs put people in our
kill-files, and I can assure you that we don't.

Folks,

(First rule of politics and legal trials:  if you can't win on the substance,
try to win on the process.)

Since this is a formal forum and we're in the middle of a formal act (making a
decision) and the mailing list is a formal record, I'm feeling compelled to
correct two factual errors, in spite of the potential for this taking us down
the rabbit hole:

1.  I don't killfile.

2.  I reviewed all mailing list postings in the thread that followed my query.

d/

ps.  However I happen to agree with Barry's note about requirements.  But an
inaccurate formal record warranted correcting.
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking