RE: Re: Received your email: [Re: (spf-discuss) Good Domain List one step closer to reality...]

2004-08-21 03:22:06
On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 05:53 +0800, AccuSpam wrote:
The issue with the auto-response is that if we reply to the
"Reply-To:" address, then the auto-response goes to the entire list,
which is even worse.  So we send the auto-response to the "From:"
address, which means to the person who posted to the list, which sent
me that person's post.  It is really not that wrong,

No, it's _very_ wrong. An autoresponder should respond only to the
address in the SMTP reverse-path, which in this case is something of the
form '<listbox+trampoline+735+967100+43b66b23(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>'

An autoresponder should also respond with an empty reverse-path of its
own, to prevent mail loops.

But my question to you experts is (and I will appreciate your help
very much), where can I find an exhaustive list of all formats of list
headers, so we can handle all lists?

That's not feasible. Just make sure you only respond to the correct
address and it won't be necessary.

--
dwmw2