Re: Re: Received your email: [Re: (spf-discuss) Good Domain List one step closer to reality...]

2004-08-20 22:38:50
jpinkerton wrote:

You mean he doesn't even run his own server??????   Sheeesh - - -
even *I* do that !!

That explains a lot. Earlier you had written:

I discovered very quickly that this mail-list will respond well to
you if you are totally up-front with you background/sponsor/
employer/whatever ...

Indeed. Instead of dedicating a web-page to the subterfuge that SPF, and
other server based systems, are too hard to implement (with arguments that
are pretty lame), he should have been upfront about it, and have simply said
something like, "Regrettably I have no access to a server, but I like to
contribute on the MUA side of things nonetheless." I would have respected
that. I would still have told him that I believe the MUA approach is doomed
to fail; but at least I would have understood where he came from.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,