Re: Re: Received your email: [Re: (spf-discuss) Good Domain List one step closer to reality...]

2004-08-20 16:15:40

Regarding the auto-response, I was very aware of the issue, which is why
when I signed up for the list, I requested a daily batch

I tried an auto-responder for a few months and it caused way more
complaints from people than compliments.

Actually it will be a configurable option in AccuSpam, because we don't
absolutely need it, but it does aid detection of inexistent address over
non-response methods we will offer as an option.

But realize the auto-response (it is not a challenge) does not get sent to you
if you are on my whitelist, so the problem is really only with mailing lists.
You'd may or may not know that 95+% of email users do not use mailing lists.

Actually I don't think I ever
received a compliment regarding an auto-responder. I recommend you
disable it altogether.

I've never received a complaint, except from mailing lists.  Whitelisting all
mailing lists is one way to handle the issue as I stated.

I haven't tried Pair, but usually pull their mirrors for stuff like
cpan. They seem to have a reliable network.

However, I do run three servers on Rackspace, and don't have any
complaints. One thing about Rackspace is that in addition to US based
servers they also have Non-US based servers which makes sense in certain
situations.

Yes I also like Rackspace also for various reasons such as that, but the main
problem was their IP C class keep getting into RBLs that they could not get off
of readily.  And Pair offers a more stable (single platform well tested) option
if you do not need a lot of root access tweaking.