RE: Re: Received your email: [Re: (spf-discuss) Good Domain List one step closer to reality...]

2004-08-20 20:14:34
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Waitman C Gobble
II
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 6:38 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Received your email: [Re: (spf-discuss)
Good Domain List one step closer to reality...]

We are moving back to Pair.com (was Pair customers since 1996),
because they simply offer a better service overall.

I haven't tried Pair, but usually pull their mirrors for stuff like
cpan. They seem to have a reliable network.

However, I do run three servers on Rackspace, and don't have any
complaints. One thing about Rackspace is that in addition to US based
servers they also have Non-US based servers which makes sense in certain
situations.

I have been a Pair customer since (I think) 1998 and have been nothing but
pleased.  They focus on stability and service.  They aren't the cheapest by
any means, but well worth it if you are after service you can depend on.

Their monthly newletter is how I found out about SPF originally.  They've
supported a number of worthy efforts (including mirroring a number of open
source projects).

Also, their domain registration subsidiary (www.pairnic.com) provides custom
DNS for those who register their domains that allows you to enter TXT
records.  You don't have to host at Pair to register through PairNIC.  Not
the cheapest either, but in my experience reliable and responsive.

I can't say enough good about them (it would be even further off topic), but
I will say that I've had a very good experience with them while working
through getting SPF records published for my domains.

Scott Kitterman