Re: Re: Received your email: [Re: (spf-discuss) Good Domain List one step closer to reality...]

2004-08-20 23:04:46

jpinkerton wrote:

You mean he doesn't even run his own server??????   Sheeesh - - -
even *I* do that !!

That explains a lot.

Indeed. Instead of dedicating a web-page to the subterfuge that SPF, and
other server based systems, are too hard to implement (with arguments that
are pretty lame), he should have been upfront about it, and have simply said
something like, "Regrettably I have no access to a server, but I like to
contribute on the MUA side of things nonetheless." I would have respected
that. I would still have told him that I believe the MUA approach is doomed
to fail; but at least I would have understood where he came from.

- Mark

Mark, it usually helps if you read prior posts before flaming erroneously:

http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200408/0703.html

AccuSpam wrote:
We have root access on RackSpace:

http://www.DownloadFAST.com
http://www.CoolPageHelp.com

We are moving back to Pair.com (was Pair customers since 1996), because they
simply offer a better service overall.

We have a dedicated server on Pair.com with complete rights to modify anything
on the server, even at the root access level.

Also you seem to be ignorant of the fact that http://AccuSpam.com is a
server-side anti-spam filtering system.

I have written SendMail milters for doing customized SMTP authentication, as
well highly modified QPopper from source code level.

Even on Pair, I do tricks they are were not aware of such as use Posix to
change my root cron jobs to my non-root user, so I can view and kill the
process, etc..

I do not know where you got the idea that I do not like or not write server
software.  I must surmise that you did not read.

Thanks,
Shelby